The parts of Beacon described below are generally only available to the Site Administrator.
Click System settings on the Home Page to set the parameters for the operation of Beacon within your u3a.
Working from top to bottom, the parameters to set are:
- Membership card colour: The colour of the band on membership cards.
- E-mail membership cards: tick to attach membership cards to the confirmation email that is sent when people join or renew online (if enabled). You should also change the system messages that are sent reflect the fact that there is, or isn't, a membership card attached (see 8.4).
- Public enquiry: telephone and email address for general enquiries from the public.
- U3A home page: The home page on your u3a website.
- Online enquiries: Email address for enquiries about online renewals and joining.
- Membership fees: Choose same fees all year, or fees vary by month of joining
(The Rolling Membership pick in the drop-down list is not supported for new sites).
- Extended membership: The month from which new memberships can include the following year, e.g. if your membership year starts in April, you may allow members joining in March to have 13 months membership on payment of the 12 month fee.
- Advance renewals period: The number of weeks before the start of the membership year that renewals can be processed.
- Grace lapse period: The number of weeks after the start of the membership year that before members are considered not to have renewed and can have their status changed to Lapsed.
- Default payment method: default value that will be inserted during creation of new Transactions.
- Gift Aid declaration: Tick to enable Gift Aid claims (see 7.8).
- Gift Aid for online renewals: Tick to display the Gift Aid tick boxes for online renewals.
- Default town, county, STD code: defaults values that will be inserted during creation of new Membership Records. They can be overridden at the time of creating a new record. If a default STD code is left in place without the addition of the telephone number, it is automatically removed upon saving.
- PayPal account email: Email address for your Paypal account (if PayPal is enabled).
- PayPal cancel return URL: The webpage to return to after a Paypal transaction is cancelled (if PayPal is enabled).
- Member record: tick to enable a warning message when saving shared addresses if the statuses or classes differ.
- Hide Address from group leaders: tick if your u3a wishes to hide the addresses of members from all group leaders (except those that have been allocated other Membership privileges).
Group Leaders will still be able to see phone numbers and send emails to their group members.
This global setting has no relation to the Hide contact details from group leaders tick box on the individual Member Record screen described in 4.2.
After making any changes press the Update button to commit the changes to your System Settings.
Updates to Gift Aid added
Default payment method added