The Beacon Team and Beacon Project Board reviewed the implementation of Gift Aid for Beacon and some enhancements were agreed. It is planned to deploy these on 10th January 2023.
- Whenever the consent status of a member changes it is recorded in a new dedicated log
- The Membership Secretary can change the Gift Aid status of members from the renewals screen
- More comprehensive wording on the member's portal when consenting to Gift Aid (join and renew)
- On the portal the member must tick one of consent or decline before proceeding
- If the Membership Secretary enters a "Gift Aid from" date there is a warning if the date is in the past
Gift Aid log
With more and more members using the portal the new Gift Aid log keeps a record of when and by whom (member or System User) consent was given or withdrawn.
The log will be visible from the home page Misc column menu to System Users with the privilege "Gift Aid declaration" (usually this will be the Treasurer and administrators).
When members are renewed (usually by the Membership Secretary or Treasurer) it has always been frustrating that a change in Gift Aid has to be made to an individual's record in advance.
A column has been added to the Membership renewals screen to record or clear consent. Ticking a box will immediately set the member's Gift Aid date to today. Be aware that clearing the date (untick) and then ticking again will reset the consent date to today's date but this will not affect any historical payments with Gift Aid amounts recorded that have yet to be claimed.
The wording on the member's portal is now more comprehensive and one of the boxes must be ticked before the member can proceed to payment.
If the Membership Secretary updates the Gift Aid date on a member's record it cannot be in the future. If the date is in the past a notice clarifies that historical transactions are not affected.