If you accept optional cookies with the Cookie Control (see 2. Logging in as a System User) then Beacon will ask your browser to store the personal settings and choices listed below. Consent lasts for 90 days, after which your browser will expire the cookies and your settings will be lost.
You can open the Cookie Control (click on the cog in the bottom left) at any time and click "I Accept Optional Cookies" to extend consent expiry to 90 days in the future.
If you find your settings have reset before 90 days then then it could be:
- You have cleared cookies on your browser (this can also happen when you clear your cache)
- Your are using a different browser or computer
- You have opened the Cookie Control and clicked "I Do Not Accept Cookies".
The settings cookies record are:
- The name of the u3a site you login to
- The timeout period of inactivity after which you will be logged out
- How forenames and surnames appear and are sorted on Drop-Down lists
- The last membership class selected for exporting addresses and labels
- Settings used when labels were last printed (labels per sheet and positioning)
- The membership Status and Class used for Third Age Matters submission
- When composing an email, the last selected ‘From’ address and ‘Tick to receive copy’ a copy selection
- The last Financial account used for an operation (e.g. add member, renew) will be remembered as the default.
If you print address labels then make a note of settings that work for a particular type of stationary.