Viewing the Calendar
The Calendar is a chronological list of meetings and events. All events from the Group Schedules are incorporated automatically into the calendar. In addition, it is possible to add ‘Open’ meetings.
Note: The things that you can view and the operations that you can perform may differ from those described below, according to the System Access and Privileges allocated to your Role by your U3A Committee.
The calendar shows events between the displayed dates, which defaults to the next 3 months. You may change the dates in the From and To fields.
At the top of the page you can choose to:
- Show all events between the displayed dates [A]
- Show events for groups of which an individual is a Member - select their name from the drop-down list [B]
- Show events that take place at a selected Venue [C]
- You may go directly to an Event Record (perhaps to edit it) by clicking the event's date/time in the list [D]
- You may go to a Group Record by clicking the Group name [E]
- You may go to a Venue Record by clicking the Venue name [F]
- Where a Venue's postcode is recorded, a map link will display a map of the location in Streetmap [G].
Downloading the Calendar
Click Download PDF at the bottom of the calendar to download the displayed events.
Open Meetings are those not related to a specific Group.
Click Open Meetings at the top or bottom of the Calendar page to open a list of open meetings. The display is similar to that for Group Events (see 5.3).
You may add, edit and remove Open Meetings in the same way as for Group Events (see 5.3).
Note that role privilege Group records (all) is needed to make the Open Meetings menu available. This is set by default for Group Coordinator but not Group Leader.
Added privileges needed to set Open Meetings in the Calendar