Viewing your Group Record
To view the Group Record for your Group, click on the Group name in the Groups List (see 5.1), or elsewhere where Group names are shown. Groups for which you are a Leader or for which you have editing rights are highlighted blue.
Each Group Record comprises four sub-pages:
You can select between these on the row beneath the Group Record title. The active sub-page has its name in black.
Note: The things that you can view and the operations that you can perform may differ from those described below, according to the System Access and Privileges allocated to your Role by your U3A Committee.
Viewing your Group Members
The Group Members page holds contact information for the members of your Group.
- If a person is not a Current member (i.e. their membership has not been renewed for the current year), their name will show in red (see Sandi Williams below).
- Members without email are denoted by an icon of an envelope with a red diagonal line through it (see Jen Brown below).
- Members on a waiting list are shown with the date since which they have been waiting (see 5.10).
- You will not be able to see the address or phone numbers of any member that has chosen to hide their details from Group Leaders (see Bazza Wilson below), although you will still be able to send emails to them.
- If your U3A has switched on the global setting to hide the addresses of all members from Group Leaders, the ‘Address’ column will not be displayed (see below).
Adding and Removing Members: Method 1
Click the blue links on the right of the page to:
- Remove a member from the Group [A]
- Make a member a Group Leader [B] - you may have more than 1 leader
- Remove a member from the Leader role [C]
Adding Members: Method 2
Select an individual member's name from the Add member by name drop-down list below the table and press the Add button [E]
When a name is selected the member's Membership Number is displayed under the field - this can be useful if there are 2 or more members with the same name and you need to make sure to select the right one.
Tip: If a drop-down list is long, you can jump quickly to the first entry starting with any particular letter(s) by focusing the list (just click on it) and then pressing the letter(s) on the keyboard.
Adding Members: Method 3
Enter a member's Membership Number in the Add member by membership number field below the table and press the Add button [F]. Members may be added in batches by entering their membership numbers separated by commas.
You will be prompted to confirm that the name(s) of the members are correct by pressing the Add selected members button.
Adding Members: Method 4
This option is only available to those users that have access to the main Membership List, such as the Membership Secretary and perhaps some Committee Members. If there are a lot of members to add to your group, it may be better to ask the Membership Secretary to do it for you as follows.
In the Membership List, select the members to be added to the group by ticking the boxes in the left column.
Click in the drop-down box where it says "Send e-mail" [G] and pick Add to group.
This opens up another drop-down list [H] where you can pick the name of the group before pressing the Do with Selected button.
More operations from the Group Members List
To select one or more members prior to performing one of the operations described below, tick the required box(es) in the left hand column next to each member’s name. Or click Select at the top or bottom of the column, followed by any of the choices from the drop-down list that appears:
· Select All for all displayed members
· Email only for members with email addresses
· Without email for members without email addresses
The following operations with the selected members are available by choosing from the drop-down list below the table and pressing the Do with selected button:
- Send E-mail: opens a form on which to compose an email (see 6.1)
- Download Excel: generates an Excel file containing members’ contact details
- Download PDF: generates a pdf document containing members’ contact details and photo (if available)
- Remove members: removes members from the Group
Selecting Send E-mail opens the following page:
Click 6.1.1 Sending Emails for further information about to compose and send an email.
For Excel and pdf downloads you will be asked to tick the fields to include, before pressing the Download button:
Previous Knowledge Base articles on adding and removing members and sending emails to members incorporated.
|v3||2021-05-17||David Powers||Added link to "Dealing with a waiting list".|