Viewing your Group Record
To view the Group Record for your Group, click on the Group name in the Groups List (see 5.1), or elsewhere where Group names are shown. Groups for which you are a Leader or for which you have editing rights are highlighted blue.
Each Group Record comprises four sub-pages:
You can select between these on the row beneath the Group Record title. The active sub-page has its name in black.
Note: The things that you can view and the operations that you can perform may differ from those described below, according to the System Access and Privileges allocated to your Role by your U3A Committee.
Editing your Group Schedule
The Group Schedule page holds details about future meetings and events. The meetings on your Group Schedule will also be displayed on your U3A’s main Calendar (see 5.9).
Adding a new Event
To add a single meeting/event, click in the First date & time field to open the calendar showing the current month, from where you can select the required date and time:
Click on the drop-down lists to change the Month [A] and Year [B],
or use the right and left arrows [C] to go forward or back by one month at a time.
Click to select the required Day [D].
The Start Time displayed will be copied from the default time on the Details page. The Hour and Minute can be changed by dragging the sliders [E] to the left or right.
When the required date and time have been chosen, press the Done button.
- The End time, Venue and Contact fields will be copied from the default time on the Details page, but can be changed if required.
- The contents of the Details field may be visible to U3A members or the public, depending on how your U3A’s Public Links are configured (see 9.4), so be aware of this if wishing to include personal information. There is also a box that you can tick to exclude the event from your U3A’s Public Calendar.
- You don’t need to do anything with the other fields on this page – they have no effect when creating a single event.
After completing the required fields, press the Add Events button to create the single event.
Adding Multiple Events
If your meetings are held on a regular basis, you can create multiple events covering the forthcoming months at the same time, e.g. every 4 weeks, every 2 months, etc.
After choosing the date and time for the first event, you may specify the frequency of following events by entering a number in the then every field (or use the up and down arrows to increase/decrease the displayed number) and then select days, weeks or months from the drop-down list:
When you have completed all the required fields, press the Add Events button to create the new events.
If the details for all the events are not exactly the same or some of the dates need to be changed, you may have to edit the individual events as described below.
- To change an event click edit at the row end, make the changes and then press the Update
- To delete an event click delete at the row end.
First version unchanged; KB article 'How to add Group Meetings' archived.