Changing Site Administrator details
To change Site Administrator, the new Site Administrator should ask the former Site Administrator for the login ID (which should be admin) and the password.
The above video goes through the following steps.
- Log into Beacon using these credentials.
- Go to System Users on the main Administration menu.
- Click on the User's name in column 1 that has 'Yes' in column 4. This should be the former Site Administrator's name.
- In the System User Record, if the Login name is not admin, please change it to admin.
- In the Member drop-down, select and replace the former Site Administrator's name with that of the new Site Administrator.
- In the User's E-mail field, replace the previous Site Administrator's e-mail address with that of the new Site Administrator. This can be a different address to that in the member record and unique to the Site Administrator role.
- Press Save user.
- Press Set Temporary Password and complete the password change procedure with next login.
- If the former Site Administrator is to remain a user of Beacon, create a new User profile with appropriate privileges.
- Finally submit a support ticket with the new Site Administrator's name and email to the data.
This detail is important as the Beacon Team use the site administrator details to communicate with you.
v2 Graham Tigg 2020-05-11 Replaced the need to contact info@ and john.a...@ with create a support ticket