This page describes how to apply for a NEW membership of a local u3a (If the u3a has enabled Online Membership applications). If you are an existing u3a member wishing to renew, please refer to 10.2.1.
- The application process is usually initiated by clicking a link on your u3a’s website. Press OK on the warning notice to proceed to the Membership Application page:
Note: The membership fees shown and the types of membership offered in the pictures below will be different for each u3a – the pictures are for example only.
You will not be charged for using online membership services, although you u3a will have a small commission fee deducted from your payment by PayPal.
- Select the type of membership that you require at the top of the page.
- Fill in your details using any guidelines that have been supplied by your local u3a. Your completed form should look something like this:
- After pressing the Make Payment button, you will be asked to confirm by pressing Continue to PayPal to complete payment.
There are 2 payment options:
- If you have a PayPal account you may log in to your account
- Alternatively, you can pay with a Debit or Credit Card
The next screen will vary depending on your device's settings and whether it recognises that you have logged into PayPal previously. There may be options to Log in to a PayPal account, to Create a PayPal account, to Pay by Debit or Credit Card or you can select Next to proceed to the "Guest checkout".
Paying with PayPal
When paying via your PayPal account, you will see a screen similar to this:
Press Pay Now to proceed.
Paying with your Credit/Debit Card
When paying by credit/debit card, fill in your card and contact details and then press Pay Now.
Confirmation of Payment
After the transaction has been completed (using PayPal or a card) you will see a confirmation on screen:
Press Return to Merchant to return to the to the local u3a website.
You will receive 2 confirmation emails:
- A confirmation of payment from PayPal
- A confirmation from your u3a. This may have your membership card attached (if your u3a has chosen to use this facility)
Updated to show changes to the PayPal screens that are presented during payment.