This page describes how to apply for a NEW membership of a local U3A (If the U3A has enabled Online Membership applications). If you are an existing U3A member wishing to renew, please refer to 10.2.1.
- The application process is usually initiated by clicking a link on the U3A’s website. Press OK on the warning notice to proceed to the Membership Application page:
Note: The membership fees shown and the types of membership offered in the pictures below will be different for each U3A – the pictures are for example only.
You will not be charged for using online membership services, although you U3A will have a small commission fee deducted from your payment by PayPal.
- Select the type of membership that you require at the top of the page.
- Fill in your details using any guidelines that have been supplied by your local U3A. Your completed form should look something like this:
- After pressing the Make Payment button, you will be asked to confirm by pressing Continue to PayPal to complete payment.
There are 2 payment options:
- If you have a PayPal account you may log in to your PayPal account by entering your email address and password [A] and pressing Log in [B].
- Alternatively, if you wish to pay by card, press Pay with Debit or Credit Card [C].
Paying with PayPal
When paying via your PayPal account, you will see a screen similar to this:
Press Pay Now to proceed.
Paying with your Credit/Debit Card
When paying by credit/debit card, fill in your card and contact details and then press Pay Now.
Confirmation of Payment
After the transaction has been completed (using PayPal or a card) you will see a confirmation on screen:
Press Return to Merchant to return to the to the local U3A website.
You will receive 2 confirmation emails:
- A confirmation of payment from PayPal
- A confirmation from your U3A. This may have your membership card attached (if your U3A has chosen to use this facility)