Resigned and Deceased Members
When it is known that a member will not be continuing their membership, their Membership Record should be updated to an appropriate status such as Resigned or Deceased (see 4.2).
- Resigned should be used when a member has confirmed that they will not be continuing their membership, as opposed to Lapsed which is used when the member has yet to confirmed that they will not be renewing by the end of the grace renewals period. Experience has shown that lapsed members sometimes renew at a later date.
- If a Deceased member shared an address with another member, they should have their ‘Share address with’ changed to <no-one>. A
- If a Lapsed or Resigned member shares an address with another member, it is recommended that you do not change the ‘Share address with’ to <no-one> – this link will be useful if the member re-joins (the Lapsed/Resigned member will not show up in an Addresses Export of Current members).
- When a member has lapsed, resigned, or died, their name will remain in any group list of which they were a member. There is no mechanism by which the Group Leader is notified that the member has left the group. Therefore, remember to remove the member from any Groups that they belonged to and as required, notify the Group Leader.
Dealing with Non-renewals
Select Non-renewals from the Home Page to show a list of members who have not renewed. This list operates in 2 modes, according to the option selected by the Show radio button at the top of the page.
After selecting one or more members in either of the two modes, the following operations are available by choosing from the drop-down list below the table and pressing the Do with selected button:
- Send email: opens a form on which to compose an email (see 6.1)
- Send letter: opens a form on which to compose a letter (see 6.2)
Tip: the members can be sorted by clicking on the blue Address column heading. This makes is easier to only tick one member of a pair so the household only receives one email or letter.
Having selected Members who did not renew last year, tick the members in the Select column. Then select Lapse from the drop-down list at the bottom of the page and press the Do with selected button. A confirmation dialog will be displayed. Press Lapse to proceed. The selected members will have their status changed from Current to Lapsed.
It is important to lapse members who have not renewed as soon as possible otherwise the u3a Beacon licence, TAT subscription and TAM magazine mailing cost for those members will still be included in invoices from Third Age Trust Trading Ltd. This advice also applies to resigned and deceased members.
Deleting long term Non-renewals
Having selected Members who have not renewed for 7 years, tick the members in the Select column. Then select Delete in the drop-down list below the table and press the Do with selected button. A confirmation dialog will be displayed. Press Delete to proceed.
Importance of lapsing non-renewed members asap added.
|v3||2021-05-23||Graham Tigg||Suggest sorting by address to make joint and address sharing members easier to identify so, e.g., only one reminder email is sent to a household.|
|v4||2021-08-18||Lyn Bossons||Need to check if deceased member is an emergency contact added.|